What is Resilience Training?
Resilience training is about developing the skills – in thought, word and deed – to better confront life’s challenges. As Dr. Michael McGriffy has been quoted to say “Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape”. Resilience allows one to adapt to circumstances in a way that honours their values and promotes their health and wellbeing.
What are Resilience Training's Methods?
- Cognitive restructuring (which is also a very broad field and methods will vary according to one’s desired outcome)
- Developing coping strategies
- Leveraging social support
- Improving executive function through improving systems and cognitive approaches
- Developing self-esteem
- Value-highlighting and self-intimacy