- A watch
- A notebook or cell phone to document details of the exercise in your YRCC exercise/rehab log, referred to below as the “log”.
- The “Dizziness Visual Analog Scale (VAS)” found at https://e4tpx55ghv5.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Dizziness-visual-analog-scale-VAS.pdf. Alternatively, you can estimate your dizziness on a scale of 0-10.
- A tape measure (if you use the VAS and don’t use the estimation method).
Information required (will be set by you and the physician’s assistant):
- The setting in which you will be doing the exercise (e.g., grocery store).
- Pick a comfortable, calm spot to which you can retreat if needed (e.g., the quiet of your car in the parking lot)
- How many times you aim to repeat the regimen below (e.g., repeat the regimen below 4 times)
- Start off by documenting your Dizziness VAS score in your in your log.
- Enter the start time of the exercise in your log.
- Walk through the setting (e.g., grocery store) you discussed with the team until your VAS score increases by 2 cm OR until you complete your mission: a) until you walk through the venue for a pre-defined length of time (the team would have told you this, e.g., 2 minutes, etc.); OR b) until you have collected/found a predefined number of items (the team would have told you this, e.g., 5-10 items, etc.)
- Once the VAS score increases by 2 cm, OR, you complete your mission, document this time in your log. Note any other symptoms felt from the exercise as well at this time.
- Retreat to “comfortable, calm spot” (e.g., parking lot, the car, etc.) and then document the time the rest period starts.
- Wait for symptoms to settle down back to baseline and then document this time in your log.
- Repeat this exercise (steps 1-6).
When to end the exercise:
- Do this exercise for the number of repetitions decided upon with the phsycian’s assistant.
- If symptoms do not return to baseline between repetitions of the regimen, the mission is aborted and the drill is to be repeated the next day.