Lower Back Pain Group Counselling (OHIP-Funded)
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
Lower back pain can be experienced at any age, even in the young. Most people experience it at least once in their lifetime. In fact, lower back pain is the most common cause of disability worldwide. Despite how common it is, about 90% of cases are said to have “mechanical back pain”. What does this diagnosis mean? And how will it help you match up with the right treatment?
Lower back pain keeps people out of the game. It interrupts their sleep. It prevents them from participating in activities that they want to doing. It’s depressing. It changes our psychology and who we are.
The goal of these educational sessions is to give you the necessary information you need in order to identify:
- the factors that push you deeper into disability; and
- the factors that youy can seize and take advantage of to break the cycle of lower back pain and move towards being strong again.
With the right information and perspectives you will:
- start to spot opportunities to break this cycle;
- be motivated to confront physical day-to-day challenges with new strategies;
- learn how to offload injured lower back tissues and make your body stronger;
- regain hope.
Duration: 2 weeks. 60-minute sessions/per week online over OTN